Mayo Hospital is the affiliated teaching Hospital of King Edward Medical University. Before January, 2006, there was one unit of Pediatric Medicine. The Pediatric Medicine unit 2 was established in January, 2006 to provide better services to the patients, improve the training of under graduates and fulfill the requirements of PMDC.
This is a newly created unit and shares emergencies, out patients & follows up on alternative days. This unit consist of 25 bedded neonatal section, 16 bedded intensive care unit and100 beds have been allocated for general Pediatrics and sub specialties.
1.Neurological outcome of asphyxiated neonates treated with MgSO4
2. Frequency of correctly diagnosed cases of severe pneumonia by IMNCI classification in children between 2 to 59 months.
3. Lactose intolerance in malnourished children presenting with acute watery diarrhea.
4. Comparison of epinephrine/normal saline with hypertonic saline / epinephrine in acute bronchiolitis in children of age 2 months to 2 years.
5. Randomized control study to vitamin D supplementation in children with pneumonia
6. Pattern of micro-organisms isolated from endo-tracheal swabs of neonates determination of antibiotic susceptibility
7. Frequency of iron deficiency anemia in patients attending emergency with complaint to febrile fits.
8. Comparison between slow and first enteral feeding in low birth weight infants.
9. Role of montelukast in acute bronchiolitis.
10. Comparative efficacy of WHO standard ORS Vs low osmolarity ORS in AWD in children.