The Gynae/Obs department at KEMU comprises of 5 units. All working under the HOD Prof. Dr. Tabinda Rana. 3 units are placed in Lady Willingdon Hospital and 2 units are working at Lady Aitchison Hospital.
Prof. Dr.Aisha Malik is HOD of Gynae & Obst Unit-III Lady Willingdon Hospital, Lahore that is 235 bedded tertiary cares Hospital. This unit provides indoor and outdoor facilities and attends booked cases through a week, emergency cases 48 hours a week and every third Sunday. This unit is activity involved in providing healthy educational environment for both undergraduate & postgraduate trainees.
We are teaching & training undergraduate 4th and 5th year post graduate of FCPS/MS in Gynae and Obs , in our units. We are dealing with all Obstetrical/Gynaecological emergencies, indoor& outdoor.
- To improve health care for women through Obstetrics & Gynaecology education and practice.
- To train our postgraduate trainees to such an extent that they can work independently and effectively in remote areas and provide better healthcare services.
- To effectively educate undergraduate students and postgraduate trainees.
- Our main goal is the renovation of our labour ward for better provision of services to reduce maternal and perinatal morbidity and mortality.
Teaching & Training of MBBS students 4th year & 5th year. Our units are actively involved in holding workshops and Seminar. Our recent activity regarding participation in KEMCANA, and holding a camp of vaccination against Cervical Cancer. A workshop on Neonatal resuscitation was also carried out this year by unit I, EMOC workshop was done in Lady Aitchison Hospital.
- Lecture on Role of folic acid in Obs&Gynae.
- Lecture on Role of Tranexamic acid in Obs&Gynae.
- Session on sufertiliity(intrauterine insemination myths and realities related to infertility).
- Lecture on Tubal sterilization reversal.
- Urogynae symposium (overview of urogynaecological fistula)
- Seminar on women’s health care
- Lecture on Polycystic ovarian syndrome ..Medical and Surgical Management.
- Infertility awareness program at National Level.
- Seminar on menstrual irregularities including post menopausal bleeding.
- Seminar on PID in Pakistani women.
- State of the art lecture on diagnosis and management of congenital malformations.
- Talk show on infertility.
- Daily ward teaching of undergraduate students
- Twice weekly teaching classes of post graduate trainees
- Surgical skill workshop held in our department for postgraduate trainees
- Skill workshop on perineal repair
- Mid trimester termination of pregnancy in women with previous caesarean section: a comparison of Misoprostal PGF2 and intra cervical Foley’s. PJMHS 2014; 8(3): 554-558(Munir SI, Ishtiaq S, Shafiq S, JavedL,Rana T.)
- Frequency of labour induction at term with sweeping of the ensnares.JFJMC 2014; 8(4): 82-85 (Munir SI, Ishtiaq S, Gulzar S,)
- Frequency of causes of primary Postpartum hemorrhage in a tertiary care hospital. Annals 2015; 21(1) 33-37.(Munir SI, Sadiq A Ishtiaq S.)
- PPIUCD placement after newel vaginal delivery
- PPIUCD placement after C/ section
- Comparison of Fetal blood scalp sampling with CTG.
CURRENT RESEARCH PROJECTS OF MS AND FCPS STUDENTS ACCEPTED.
- Comparison of Efficacy and safety of intra uterine Balloon TamponadeVS.Intra uterine packing in female presenting with postpartum haemorrhage .after vaginal delivery.
- Colposcopy in CHR vaginal
- Preclusion of pre-eclampsia in early gestation by estinatinating urinary albumin –creatinene ratio
- Comparison of urinary Vs metformin in the development of total miscarriages in diabetes melt ties
PROPOSED RESEARCH PROJECTS OF MS AND FCPS STUDENTS
- Comparison of Metfromin Versus Insulin in females presenting with Gestational Diabetes
- SubliyoudleVs vaginal misoprostal in management of first trimester missed abortion.
- Diagnostic role of hysteroscopy in perimenopansal women with abnormal uterine bleeding .
- Frequency of urinary tract injuries in gynaecolgical and obstetrical procedures.
- Comparison of adequacy of endometrial sampling by manual vacuum aspiration and dilatation and anettoge for histopathology in abnormal uterine bleeding.
- Frequency of subclinical hypothyroidism in patients with first trimester recurrent miscarriages
- Association of barriers with contraceptive use in multigravidpatientspresentag in LWH.
- Tubal sterilization reversal… is there any role in this modern Era of ART.
- Comparison of fetal outcome in planned elective deliveries at 38 and 39 gestational weeks at Lady Willingdon Hospital, Lahore.
- Role of metformin in regulating menstrual cycle in patients of PCO.
- Role of chewing gum on early recovery of females after caesarean section.
- To compare the efficacy of metformin with insulin in diabetes mellitus in terms of fetomaternal outcome.
- Comparison of intraumbilcal and intravenous injection of oxytocin on blood loss in third stage of labour
- Relationship of placental infarcts with fetal outcomes in pregnant patients having hypertension.
- Impact of short inter pregnancy interval on maternal outcome in patients presenting in labour with H/O previous –I C/Section.
- Comparison of the effect of levonosgesteral IUD with medroxy progesterone acetate in patients with AUB.
- Association of vitamin –D deficiency in pre –eclampsia
- Comparison levonorgesteral intrauterine system with GnRh analogue for treatment of patient with endometriosis.
- Assessment of fetal breathing movements, cervical length and cervicovaginal fetal fibronection as predictors of preterm labor.
- Comparison of PPIUCD with interval placed IUCD (complication).
- Frequency of placenta previa as a cause of prepartum cesarean hysterectomy.
- Comparison of efficacy, side effects and neonatal outcome of magnesium sulphate with nifedipine for management of preterm labour
- Comparison of Betamethasone versus dexamethasone for management of pregnant females with HELLP syndrome
- Effects of pre-pregnancy BMI and gestational weight gain on mode of delivery at term in primigravidas
- comparison of folic and deficiency anemia in patients presenting with pre eclampsia in third trimester versus normotensive
- Comparison of efficiency of metformin with proglitazone in patients of PCO’S presenting with infertility.
- Post partum depression and factors causing depression in women presenting in ante natal clinic.
- To determine the frequency of folic acid deficiency anemia in patients presenting with placental abruption in last trimester of pregnancy.
- Positive predictive values of cerebro-placental ratio in predicting adverse outcome in post date pregnancy.
- Hyperuricemia as predictor of poor fetal outcome in pre-eclamptic women. Uournal of Rawalpindi Medical College. Vol 19(2) Jul-Sep 2015
- Hyperprolactinemia as a cause of subfertility in women. Pakistan journal of Medical and Health Sciences. Vol 9 Jan- March 2015.
- Successful Medical treatment of cervical ectopic pregnancy. Accepted for publication in Annals of KEMU Dec 2015.
- Comparison of MCA and UA Doppler in evaluation if IUGR pregnancy.
- Comparison of Tab. PGE2 gel in induction of labour in post – date.
- Comparison of sublingual Misoprostol an i/v Oxytocin in reducing the mean blood loss ar normal vaginal delivery.
- Comparison of Misoprostol with Prostaglandin E 2 for induction of labour at term.
CURRENT RESEARCH PROJECT OF MS AND FCPS STUDENTS ACCEPTED.
- Effectiveness of I/V oxytocin and sublingual Misoprostol in reducing blood loss within first two hours of caesarean section.
- Comparison of probiotic Lactobacilli with Merronidazole in treatment of bacterial vaginosis.
- Role of tranexemic acid in reducing blood loss during and after two hours of caesarean section.
PROPOSE RESEARCH PROJECTS OF MS AND FCPS STUDENTS
- Comparison of duration of 3rd stage of labour with or without cord drainage at term.
- Morbidly adherent placenta and previously scarred uterus and obstetrical outcome.
- Efficacy of balloon temponade in the females presenting with PPh when other uterotonic agents fail to arrest the bleeding.
- Visual inspection of cervix with acetic acid.
- Role of modified B-lynch in uterine atony in inrraoperativehaemmorhage.
- Nuchal cor and neonatal outcome.
Lady Willingdon Hospital is a 235 bedded hospital. A tertiary care centre dealing with Obstetrical / Gynaecological emergencies.
- Laparoscopic Operation theatre is under construction
- Specialized Gynaecological procedure including
- Sling operation
- Tubal reconalization