Department of Nephrology
Dr. Muhammad Anees
The department was started on urology floor in 2005.Later on, in 2011; CPSP accredited this department for post graduation training in nephrology, in urology ward. By the end of the year 2012, a separate and independent 30 bedded nephrology department was inaugurated by Khwaja Salman Raffique (Advisor of Health to Chief Minister, Punjab). At that time there was no dialysis unit in this department. At end of 2013 dialysis unit was donated by Philanthropist worth Rs. 17 million for this noble cause. At the moment there are 8 dialysis machines for regular patients and 2 for emergency patients.
Establishment of nephrology department is a great achievement in 185 years history of KEMU/MAYO hospital. This department is providing worthful management not only to patients of kidney diseases from all over Punjab but also to patients of other provinces.
Head of Department:
Dr. Muhammad Anees
M.B.B.S /FCPS Nephrology
Registrar: Dr. Muzammil Riaz
Post Graduate Trainees:
Dr. Irfan Haider (M.B.B.S/F.C.P.S Med).
Dr. Muzammil Riaz (M.B.B.S).
Dr. Waqar Zaheer (M.B.B.S).
Dr. M. Tanzeel Abbasi (M.B.B.S).
Dr. Yasir Hussain (M.B.B.S).
Dr. Zishan Nasir (M.B.B.S).
Dr. Sajad Ahmad (M.B.B.S)
Dr.Salman Manzoor (M.B.B.S)
Dr. Muhammad Imran
Dr. Shoaib Akram
- FCPS Nephrology
- B.Sc Honor Renal Dialysis Technology
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Nephrology Critical Care
- Double lumen catheterization
- Permanent catheter insertion
- Peritoneal catheter insertion
- Renal Biopsy
- Subclinical Peripheral arterial disease in patients with chronic Kidney Disease stages III to V and its association with various blood markers.
- Prevalence of Eye changes in patients of chronic kidney disease.
- Prevalence of peripheral neuropathy in chronic kidney disease patient.
- Refusal/Acceptance of dialysis among the patients of chronic Kidney disease.
- Prevalence of anxiety and depression in patients of Chronic Kidney Disease.
- Peripheral Arterial disease in patients of chronic kidney disease and associated risk factors.
- Prevalence of Erectile dysfunction in patients of chronic kidney disease stages III to V.