As old as Mayo Hospital itself, East Medical Ward also known as Lyallpur ward, is unit-1 of department of medicine KEMU. Rich in its legacy of outstanding teaching and training, EMW headed by eleven professors since partition; of which seven professors were also principal/Vice Chancellor of the King Edward Medical College/University.
EMW is ruling the medical floor for years, and it has become matter of pride and prejudice for every doctor to work over here. EMW is currently headed by Professor Dr. Irshad Hussain Qureshi. Under his dynamic leadership, EMW is ready to set a new trajectory of excellence and a novel precedent of success. With great efforts of worthy Vice Chancellor Prof. Dr. Faisal Masud and Prof. Irshad Hussain Qureshi (the Chairman of Medical Floor) EMW is fully renovated centrally Air-Conditioned ward with fully equipped ICU and provision of central oxygen supply on each and every bed of the ward. The renovated ward was inaugurated by the legends of Medicine (Prof. Akhtar Khan, Prof. Khawaja Sadiq and Prof. Mehmood Ali Malik) and its various bays & wings have been named after them in recognition of their priceless contributions to this ward.
With reputation of being the most capacious and well-equipped ward of medicine with dedicated faculty and vigilant team of trainee doctors, EMW is also heading the Central Endoscopy Unit, Diabetic Clinic (supervised by Endocrinologists) and Liver Clinic. EMW is also providing fully functional dialysis unit, fully equipped medical laboratory, Echocardiography and Ultrasonography for admitted patients under one roof.
EMW (having consultants of utmost professional capabilities) is providing Evidence based and up-to-date learning to its undergraduate and post graduate students through ward rounds, bedside case discussions, ward journal clubs, clinico-pathological conferences, Ward Reading Room, Ward Library and clinical audits. With rich past, vibrant present and ambitious future, EMW is a tantamount to an institution per se.
It hosts state of the art academic facilities at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. At present, approximately 50 postgraduate doctors are doing their residency in this unit.
- FCPS (Medicine)
- FCPS (Gastroenterology)
- FCPS (Endocrinology)
- FCPS (Rheumatology)
- MD (Medicine)
- MD (Gastroenterology)
- MD (Endocrinology)
- MD (Rheumatology)
- 3rdyear MBBS
- 4thyear MBBS
- Final year MBBS
- Retinal hemorrhages in patient of MI.
- Oral versus I/V Vitamin B12 in Type II Diabetes with B12 Deficiency, taking metformin.
- Relation of S.ALT/S.AST levels as a predictor of Hepatic Encephalopathy.
- Relation of Reciprocal Changes on ECG with Coronary angiogram findings.
- Serum Homocysteine levels in patients of acute MI.
- Relation of ankle brachial index with the extent of coronary atherosclerosis.
- Comparison of causes of ischemic CVA in young vs old.
- Spectrum of thyroid dysfunction in Hep. C patients on standard interferon therapy.
- Comparison of LDL level in ischemic vs hemorrhagic stroke within 24 hrs.
- Combine value of portal vein diameter and splenic size in relation to the grade of esophageal varices.
- Correlation of autoimmune nephropathy with severity of CLD.
- Association of blood group with type 2 DM.
- Comparison of in-hospital and short-term mortality and complications between stress-glycemic and occult diabetic patients presenting with acute coronary syndrome.
- The ECG Made Easy, Hampton, John R
- Macleod’s Clinical Examination, Douglas Graham
- An Aid to The MRCP PACES Vol. 2, Stations 2 And 4, D Banerjee
- Clinical Examination A Systemic Guide to Physical Diagnosis Talley, Nicholas Joseph
- The Washington Manual of Medical Therapeutics
- 250 Cases In Clinical Medicine Baliga R
- Davidson’s Principles & Practice Of Medicine Walker Brain R
- Paces For The MRCP With 250 Cases Hall, Tim
- Current Diagnosis & Treatment Crawford, Michael H.
- An Introduction To Electrocardiography Schamroth, Leo
- Radiology In medical Practice Abdullah AMB
- ECG In Medical Practice ABM Abdullah
- Current Medical Diagnosis & Treatment A Papadakis , Maxine
- 150 ECG Problems Hampton John R
- Hutchison’s Clinical Methods An Integrated Approach To Clinical Practice Glynn, Michael
- Kumar Et Clerk’s Clinical Medicine Kumar, Perveen J
- Short Cases In Clinical Medicine Abdullah, ABM
- Long Cases In Clinical Medicine (Concerned With Long Cases, Their Presentation, Related Questions, Answers And Discussion) Abdullah ABM
- Case History & Data Interpretation In Medical Practice Abdullah ABM
- Goldman-Cecil Medicine Goldman Lee
- Goldman Cecil Medicine Goldman, Lee
- Adams And Victor’s Principles Of Neurology Ropper, Allan H
- Review Of Medical Microbiology And Immunology Levinson, Warren
- Braun Wald’s Heart Disease A Textbook Of Cardiovascular Medicine Mann, Douglas L
- Fitzpatrick’s Dermatology In General Medicine, Goldsmith Lowell A
- Fischer’s Mystery Of Surgery
- Fitzpatrick’s Color Atlas And Synopsis Of Clinical Dermatology Wolff Klaus
- Clinically Oriented Anatomy Moore, Keith L
- Fischer’s Mastery Of Surgery
- Robbins And Cotran Pathologic Basis Of Disease Kumar Vinay
- Sleisenger And Fordtran’s Gastrointestinal And Liver Disease
- Clinical Neuroanatomy Snell, Richards S
- Jawetz Melnick & Adelberg’s Medical Microbiology Brooks George F
- Parks Textbook Of Preventive And Social Medicine Parks K
- The ICU Book Marino Paul L
- Ultrasound Teaching Manual , Hofer, Matthias
- CT Teaching Manual A Systematic Approach To CT Reading, Hofer, Matthias
- District Laboratory Practice In Tropical Countries Part 1 Chessbrough, Monica
- District Laboratory Practice In Tropical Countries Part 2 Chessbrough, Monica
- Bailey & Love’s Short practice of Surgery
- Beside Techniques Methods Of Clinical Examination Nasir Shabbir Ahmad
- An Aid To The MRCP Paces Volume 3 Stations 5 Ryder R E J
- An Aid To The MRCP Paces Volume 1/Stations 1 & 3 Ryder R E J
- Rapid Review Of Clinical Medicine For MRCP Part, Sharma Sanjay
- Pulmonary Function Tests In Clinical Practice Altalag, Ali
- Guyton And Hall Textbook Of Medical Physiology Hall John E
- Harrison’s Principles Of Internal Medicine
- The Pocketbook For Paces
- Clinical Medicine For The MRCP PACES Core Clinical Skills Mehta, Gautam
- Clinical Medicine For The MRCP PACES Taking Communication And Ethics Mehta, Gautam
- Oxford Textbook Of Medicine
- Oxford Handbook Of Neurology
- Oxford Handbook Of Cardiology
- New Oxford Textbook Of Psychiatry
- Williams Textbook Of Endocrinology Melmed Shlomo
- Schiff’s Disease Of The Liver By Schiff Eugene R
- Textbook Of Cardiovascular Medicine By MD, Eric J, T
Facility of digital library with internet connection