FCPS & MD TRAINEES & MEDICAL OFFICERS:-
||Dr. Raja Nohman Akhter
||Dr. Asad Kamal
||Dr. Yasir Shafi
||Dr. Rana Shahzad
||Dr. Saqib Iqbal (Registrar)
||Dr. Sadia Dawood
||Dr. Fatima Irfan
||Dr. Majid Manzoor
||Dr. Sadaf Mehfooz.Ur.Rehman
||Dr. Shahroz Azhar
||Dr. Faisal Ishfaq
||Dr. Mirrah Mushtaq
||Dr. Izzah Javed
||Dr. Amal Tahir
||Dr. Adnan Bashir
||Dr. Sumbal Nadeem
||Dr. Ayesha Ramzan
||Dr. Sibgha Kanwal
||Dr. Anum Farooq
||Dr. M.Tayyab Shera
||Dr. Alina Ikram
||Dr Sadia Ambreen
||Dr Wajid Malik
TRAINEES WHO PASSED FCPS/MD/MRCP MEDICINE RECENTLY:-
- Amina Rehman FCPS
- Humaira Mubeen Afzal FCPS
- Faisal Masood MD
- Khalid Khan MRCP
- Farooq Shabbir MD
RESEARCH ARTICLES PUBLISHED IN MEDICAL JOURNALS:-
- Assessment of metabolic profile and body mass index in type II diabetic treated with metformin and insulin 1992.
- Serological markers of C virus infection in patients with chronic active hepatitis 1992.
- Insulin sparing effect of glibenclamide in poorly controlled type Ii diabetics and its effect on the body mass index 1993.
- Cutting needle thyroid biopsy in the pre-operative evaluation of isotopically “Cold”, solitary, solid thyroid nodules 1993.
- Efficacy of alpha interferon in the treatment of hepatitis C virus positive chronic active hepatitis (CA) 1993.
- Autonomic dysfunction of GI system in diabetic population 1994.
- Chronic liver disease and pulmonary hypertension 1995.
- Role of diabetic autonomic neuropathy in the pathogenesis of dyspepsia and gastritis 1996.
- Insulin resistance and hyper-insulinemia in patients with ischaemic heart disease 1996.
- Albuminuria & cardiovascular complication 1996.
- Acarbose: New trend in the management of NIDDM 1997.
- Electrical stimulation in low back pain management 1998.
- Evaluation of cardiovascular risk factors in patients with essential hypertension 1999.
- Postural backache and its prevention 1999.
- Social loss brought by low back pain. Journal of Neurological Surgery 1999.
- Role of ambulatory blood pressure monitoring in diagnosing white coat hypertension. Annals of KEMC 1999.
- Characteristics of diabetic patients and pattern of diabetic complications Annals of KEMC 2000.
- Mode of presentation of for the first dialysis in the haemodialysis unit of East Medical Ward, Mayo Hospital, Lahore. Annals of KEMC 2000.
- Exercise therapy in low back pain. Annals of KEMC 2000.
- Complications developed in spinal cord injured and physiotherapy. Annals of KEMC 2001.
- Prospective study of patients with Guillian Barre syndrome treated with positive pressure ventilation. Pakistan Journal of Neurology 2001.
- Role of ACE inhibitor on glycaemic control in type II diabetes with hypertension Annals of KEMC 2001.
- Incidence of Hepatopulmonary syndrome in Cirrhosis of Liver, Annals of King Edward Medical University Nazeefa Barlas, Javed Akram, Sajid Abaidullah 2004.
- Atrial fibrillation in mitral stenosis and its correlation with age, sex & clinical Symptoms. Annals of KEMC 2005.
- Hepatitis B virus: Old, new and future approaches to antiviral treatment. Pakistan Journal of Gastroenterology. Volume 19, No. 1, March 2005.
- Early Aspirin administration in patients of acute myocardial infarction, who received thrombolytic/fibrinolysis therapy later on in emergency department-a clinical audit. Annals of KEMC, July 2005.
- Atrial fibrillation in mitral stenosis and its correlation with mitral valve area and left atrial thrombus., (Bio-Medica)Issue-II, 2005.
- Mortality review of diabetic ketoacidosis in East Medical Ward. Bio-Medica; Issue-II, 2005.
- Randomized comparative study of oral ofloxacin versus intravenous cefotaxime in spontaneous bacterial peritonitis. Pakistan Journal of Gastroenterology, October 2005.
- A Medical Audit on Management Protocol of Diabetic Ketoacidosis in East Medical Ward. Annals of KEMC, 2005.
- Patients with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus compared to healthy Pakistani adults have impaired flow mediated dilatation at similar body mass indices: Ali Jawa, Babar Rizvi, Zafar Niaz, Anjum Razzaq, Sajid Abaidullah, Jawad Zaheer, Mumtaz Hasan. Preliminary results of Lahore Epidemiological Adult Population-Brachial Artery Reactivity (LEAP-BAR) Study. Poster Abstract presented at International Diabetes Federation Meeting 3-7 December 2006 at Cape town, South Africa.
- Flow mediated dilatation and nitroglycerine dependent dilatation profile of healthy Pakistani subjects: Preliminary results of Lahore Epidemiological Adult Population-Brachial Artery Reactivity (LEAP-BAR) Study. Ali Jawa, Zafar Niaz, Babar Rizvi, Sajid Abaidullah, Jawad Zaheer, Mumtaz Hasan. Presented Oral Abstract on December 6, 2006 during International Diabetes Federation Meeting 3-7 December 2006 at Cape town, South Africa.
- Prevalence of Erectile Dysfunction in Pakistani subjects with and without type 2 diabetes: Preliminary results of Lahore Epidemiological Adult Population-Erectile Dysfunction (LEAP-ED) study. Zafar Niaz, Ali Jawa, Babar Rizvi, Anjum Razzaq, Asim Shahzad, Sajid Abaidullah, Mumtaz Hasan, Presented poster abstract at Pakistan Endocrine Society Meeting September 4-5, 2006 at Karachi, Pakistan.
- Efficacy of intravenous Octreotide in early Variceal Rebleeding following Sclerotherapy ,Jawad Zaheer, Sajid Abaidullah, Waseem Ahsen, Mumtaz Hasan. Pakistan Journal of Medical & Health Sciences, Vol. 2, Jan-Mar 2008.
- A Non-invasive Parameter to Predict Esophageal Varices in Cirrhosis due to Hepatitis C virus. Journal of Fatima Jinnah Medical College, Lahore, Pakistan. Vol. 2, Issue-4. Oct-Dec. 2008.
- Determining the association between retinopathy and metabolic syndrome in patients with Type-2 diabetes mellitus visiting Mayo Hospital, Lahore. Annals of King Edward Medical University, Lahore. Vol. 16, Issue 2. Apr-Jun. 2010.
- Syndrome X (Metabolic Syndrome) and Diabetic Retinopathy: A comparative study in type-2 diabetes mellitus patients. Pakistan Journal of Medical & Health Sciences. Vol. 5, Apr-Jun., 2011.
- Identification of Non-Endoscopic Predictors of Esophageal Varices in Cirrhosis. Pakistan Journal of Medical & Health Sciences. Vol. 5, Apr-Jun., 2011.
- Predictors of Complications of Tuberculous Meningitis. Pakistan Journal of Medical & Health Sciences. Vol. 5, Apr-Jun., 2011.
- Non-Endoscopic Predictors of Esophageal Varices in Cirrhosis. Pakistan Journal of Gastroenterology. Vol. 25, No. 1. Oct. 2010 (Bi-manual March 2011).
- Microalbuminurea in Stage 2 Hypertensive Patients with Left Ventricular Hypertrophy, Somia Iqtadar, Sajid Abaidullah, Ali Asad Khan, Annals of King Edward Medical University, Lahore. Vol. 17, Issue 4. Oct-Dec, 2011.
- Frequency of Low Calcium Intake, a Risk Factor for Development of Metabolic Syndrome and Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus in Pakistani Women, Maimoona Ghias, Somia Iqtidar, Sajid Abaidullah, Pakistan Journal of Medical & Health Sciences, Vol.6, Jul.-Sept., 2012.
- Frequency of Asymptomatic Dengue Infections in Health Care Professionals of Pakistan,Sajid Abaidullah, Somia Iqtadar, 44th APACPH Conference, Bandaranaike Memorial International Conference Hall Colombo, Srilanka, 13-18 October, 2012.
- SAAG Ratio as Predictor of Esophageal Varices in Patients with Cirrhosis and Ascites, Momin Ali, Zafar Niaz, Sajid Abaidullah, The Pakistan Journal of Gastroenterology, Vol. 26, No:2 and Vol.27, No. 1, 2013.
- Specificity of Hess test as a marker of DHF. Somia Iqtadar , Sami Ullah Mumtaz , Sajid Abaidullah , Razia Amanat, Mohsin Masud ,Singapore Conference on Dengue & Infectious Diseases 2012.
- Study of frequency and responsible factors for post stroke depression in patients of stroke coming to Mayo Hospital Lahore Umair Javaid Ch, Salman S Osman, Somia Iqtadar, Waleed Zafar, Sana Shakil, Zunaira Zahoor, Javed Akram et al Annals of KEMU Jan ;12(2):299-301.
- The prevalence of renal complications in type- 2 Diabetes Mellitus. Asim Saleem Sheikh, Asaad Akbar Khan, Umer Najib , Sarmad Waqas , Imran Ali Shah, Hammad N. Qureshi,Taimoor Hashim, Sana Shakeel, Somia Iqtadar, Zunera Zahoor and Shahnaz Javed Khan et al Pakistan Postgraduate Medical Journal2005; 16(1): 13-16).
- Association of risk factors with Lung Cancer Umair Javaid Chaudhary, Umer Najib, Somia Iqtadar, Waqar Hasan, Shehla Gulzar, Maaz Ahmed. et al Annals of KEMC, 2002; 8(4): 261-262.
- Unhappy doctors in Pakistan: What are the causes and what can be done? Nazish Imran, Imran Ijaz Haider, Somia Iqtadar, Muhammad Riaz Bhatti et al Pak J Med Sci April – June 2011 27 No. 2 244-247.
- Frequency of low calcium intake a risk factor for development of metabolic syndrome and type 2 Diabetes mellitus in Pakistani women, Somia Iqtadar, Annals of KEMU 2013.
- Risk factors predisposing to development of Hepatitis C in patients presenting in a tertiary care hospital of Lahore, Pakistan Journal of Health 2013.
- Papillon Lefevre Syndrome with palmoplanter keratoderma & periodontitis, a rare cause of pyrexia of unkwon origin: a case report, International Journal of medical case reports 2015.
- Deranged Biochemical & hematological profile of septicemia patients in Mayo Hospital Lahore, PU Journal Of Zoology 2016.
- Frequency of impaired glucose tolerance in obese patients, ANNALS 2017.
- Presence of Left Ventricular Diastolic Dysfunction in Patients of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, ANNALS 2018.
- Mean blood ammonia level after treatment with rifaximin versus neomycin in chronic liver disease patients presenting with hepatic encephalopathy. ANNALS 2019.
SERVICES PROVIDED IN THE WARD:-
- Acute Medical emergencies & out-patient cases are admitted & managed.
- State of the art High Dependency / Intensive care facilities available.
- State of the art Upper & Lower GI Endoscopic facilities available twice a week. (Monday & Friday)
- Procedures like sclerotherapy and band legation are carried out as necessary.
- Bronchoscopy is carried off in patients on demand basis.
- The unit not only caters for its admitted and out patients but entertains call for other departments.
- Regular teaching is carried during these procedures to the attending Post Graduate Trainee and house officer on duty in the section.
TEACHING SCHEDULE OF PGRS & HOUSE OFFICERS:-
- Indoor Bedside learning during clinical rounds on daily basis.
- Journal Club/Clinical guidelines classes are conducted every Monday.
- Clinical Methods class is conducted on every Friday.
- Mortality & Morbidity Conference is conducted on every Tuesday.
- Monthly Clinical evaluations are carried out on regular basis at the end of every month.
- This excellent teaching program has raised the unit at TOP MERIT amongst the the recent inductions of House Officers & PGRs.
BEST PGRS & HOUSE OFFICER OF THE MONTH AWARD
Best House Officer & PGR Award is given at the end of every month on the basis of performance, hard work, behavior and clinical evaluation score.